Monday, July 27, 2015

One-Pot Pasta for the Instant Pot


INGREDIENTS:

1/2 to 3/4  lbs. pasta of your choice (I used a red lentil pasta)
1 to 1½ cups chickpeas, already cooked (or 1 can)
2½ to 2-3/4 cups vegetable broth (still trying to figure out the optimum amount)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion - sliced thin
1-2 bell peppers - sliced thinly (or however many you want)
½ teaspoon miso or salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½  teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes –more if you like it spicer
4 big leaves fresh basil (torn into pieces)
3 garlic cloves – minced (I’m using more next time)
2 lemon Slices

You can add any vegetables of your choice.
Put everything in the Instant Pot and stir.

Cook for 8 min in the pressure cooker.  I let pressure come down for 15 minutes and released the rest.
I threw in a few handfuls of spinach when it was done cooking, stirred, and just let the heat wilt it.


Served with homemade vegan parm.  (See below)  Can also serve with some fresh basil on top and even add some hot sauce if you like.

 

Vegan parm:

 
2 cups walnuts
2 cups nutritional yeast.
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp miso

 
Mix together in a food processor. 
You can add any other spices you want to the parm.



 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry I'm just seeing this. My daughter and I combined our blogs, so we put all of our favorite recipes on the new one now. I'd say this recipe serves 3-4 people depending on what else is being served and the appetites of the people eating it. Here's our new blog in case you are interested. https://vegansnaturally.wordpress.com/

      Delete
  2. This is so delicious and easy, I will definitely make it again and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you enjoyed it. My daughter and I combined our blogs, so all of our favorite recipes can now be found at https://vegansnaturally.wordpress.com/

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, oh dear....this came out really soupy for me. Flavour was good, but did I do something wrong??? Way too much liquid.

    ReplyDelete